Viral Goat Cheese Board
on Sep 19, 2022, Updated Dec 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Have you seen my latest viral butter board video? Butter boards are one of the best creations I have ever come across. After the butter board trend went viral on both Instagram and TikTok, I had to make this creamy goat cheese version 🤤.
Why You’ll Love This Goat Cheese Board
This Viral Goat Cheese Board is perfect for a large gathering or party. You can serve it with lots of fresh bread 🥖 on the side and individual butter knives for all your guests. It is going to be the most incredible show-stopping board at every party, I can guarantee it.
What is a Goat Cheese Board
A goat cheese board is simply a board where you can add softened creamy cheese (such as goat cheese) and any toppings you prefer and serve it with a loaf of fresh bread. My board consists of the most beautiful ingredients and textures 😍, and I know you’ll fall in love with it.
My butter board with goat cheese includes flaky sea salt, fresh figs, fig preserves, walnuts for crunch, and hot honey for a little bit of spice 🌶️. These flavors slathered on a fresh piece of bread will have you and your guests craving more.
Variations and Substitutions
There are so many ways to personalize a holiday butter board, including:
- Feel free to use any creamy cheese, like Boursin.
- You can also make this board totally vegan by using plant-based spreadable cheese and using agave instead of honey 🍯.
- If you don’t have hot honey, you can use regular honey, make my Easy Hot Honey recipe, or mix honey with chili flakes.
- You can use crushed or candied pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds, or any nuts you love 🌰.
The cheese should be soft so that it’s easy to spread, and you can use any board you have at home. This can even be made on a plate.
Best Served With
- Warm, sliced, crusty bread is a must alongside a butter board. A fresh baguette 🥖 is the perfect choice.
- You could also serve this with pita bread cut into triangles and warmed for a few minutes in the oven.
- For easy entertaining, serve this board as a starter, followed by a light and refreshing salad, such as my Fennel and Cherry Salad or Simple Green Salad.
Other Similar Recipes
- Greek Salad Board
- How To Make a Butter Board
- Halloween Cheese Board
- Holiday Charcuterie Board
- Holiday Cheese Board
These wooden butter knives are perfect for hosting and leaving them out for your guests to use.
A board like this is perfect for hosting or making any of my charcuterie or butter board recipes!
Cutting boards, especially wood ones, can hold onto contaminants and germs, even after being well-washed. To ensure no cross-contamination with whatever was previously prepared on the board, line the board in parchment paper.
You certainly can! You can use vegan butter or a vegan, spreadable cheese instead of goat cheese.
You can line your board in parchment and spread the softened butter across the parchment the night before serving. Store in the refrigerator, and then add the toppings at the last minute, before serving.
Viral Goat Cheese Board
- 250 grams goat cheese, or any creamy, spreadable cheese you like, softened to room temp
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fig jam, a few dollops
- 2 figs, cut into thin rounds
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey, hot honey or regular for drizzling
- fresh herbs or edible flowers , for presentation (I used lemon thyme)
- fresh bread, for serving
- Line a serving or cutting board in parchment paper. Take the softened cheese and smear it onto the parchment. Make it look presentable and layer in swirls on the serving board.
- Sprinkle on the salt, measure everything with your heart. I take my knife and dollop on the fig preserve, add my fig slices and drizzle on hot honey. Add the crushed walnuts and garnish with lemon thyme, herbs of choice, or edible flowers. Serve with fresh bread and enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.