This Greek salad feta board is inspired by both my childhood in Greece and Bulgaria and the trending viral butter board. This recipe is the ultimate showstopper: it’s stunning with an array of brightly colored produce, delicious and fun to eat, and so unique.
If you haven’t heard of butter boards or goat cheese boards, you’re missing out: this is one of the most clever food trends to go viral on Instagram and TikTok. I originally came across the butter board on TikTok shared by Justine Snacks and thought it was brilliant. The original concept is by Josh McFadden so please check their pages out as well. This is my take on the board trend: whipped feta dolloped on your favorite serving board, topped with chunky Greek salad ingredients, and seasoned simply with salt, olive oil, and oregano. Easy, healthy, and so appealing.
If you have ever had a Greek “Horiatiki” salad or even a Bulgarian “Shopska” salad (which is practically the same thing), you will fall in love with this sharable board version I came up with.
I served my board with a loaf of fresh bread, warmed in the oven, and sliced. The bread slices make for the perfect “utensil” to mop up all the goodness of this dish. A few presentation and serving tricks: serve the board with individual butter knives for each of your guests. Cut the different vegetables in unique shapes for visual appeal: halved tomato ovals, geometric chunks of cucumber, half-moon slices of onion, and thin rounds of peppers.
Greek Salad Feta Board
- One 200 gram block Greek feta cheese or any creamy cheese you enjoy
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, plus more as needed for consistency
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped small
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ sweet green pepper (I used a sweet cubanelle pepper)
- a few thin slices of red onion
- small handful of olives
- pinch of salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- dry or fresh oregano, for presentation
- 1 baguette, sliced, for serving
- Add the feta cheese and yogurt to a food processor and process until smooth. If you prefer the cheese spread creamier, add a bit more yogurt, 1 tablespoon at a time. The whipped cheese should be so soft that it's easy to spread. Using a spoon, spread the cheese mixture on a clean plate or serving board.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, and olives on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with oregano. Serve with baguette slices.
Here are my other butter boards:
Amazing! I love all the colours on the board also! Thanks for a great recipe!
Hi Jody so happy you love it