Have you seen my latest viral butter board video? It’s one of the greatest creations I have ever come across. After the butter board trend went viral on both Instagram and TikTok, I had to make this creamy goat cheese version. This Viral Butter Board with Goat Cheese is perfect for a large gathering or party. You can serve it with lots of fresh bread on the side and individual butter knives for all your guests. It is going to be the most incredible show-stopping board at every party, I can guarantee it.
I originally came across the viral butter board video on TikTok shared by Justine Snacks and thought it was brilliant. The original concept is by Josh McFadden so I cannot forget to mention him as well.
A goat cheese board is simply a board that you add softened creamy cheese (like goat cheese), any toppings you like, and serve with a loaf of fresh bread of course. My board has the most beautiful ingredients and textures on it, and I know you’ll fall in love.
My butter board with goat cheese includes flaky sea salt, fresh figs, fig preserves, walnuts for crunch, and hot honey for a little bit of spice. These flavors slathered on a fresh piece of bread will have you and your guests begging for more.
Variations and Substitutions:
There are so many ways to personalize a holiday butter board, including:
- Feel free to use any creamy cheese, like Boursin.
- You can also make this board totally vegan by using a plant-based spreadable cheese and using agave instead of honey.
- If you don’t have hot honey you can use regular honey, make my Easy Hot Honey – The Modern Nonna recipe linked here, or mix honey with chili flakes.
- You can use crushed or candied pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds, or any nuts you love.
Best served with:
- Warm, sliced crusty bread is a must alongside a butter board. A fresh baguette is the perfect choice.
- You could also serve this with pita bread cut into triangles and warmed for a few minutes in the oven.
- For easy entertaining, serve this board as a starter, followed by a light and refreshing salad, such as my Fennel and Cherry Salad or Simple Green Salad.
Cutting boards, especially wood ones, can hold onto contaminants and germs, even after being well washed. To ensure no cross-contamination with whatever was previously prepared on the board, line the board in parchment paper.
Absolutely! You can use vegan butter or a vegan, spreadable cheese.
You can line your board in parchment and spread the softened butter across the parchment the night before serving. Store in the refrigerator, and then add the toppings at the last minute, before serving.
Viral Butter Board With Goat Cheese
- festive spreader knives or any you have on hand
- wooden serving/cutting board, about 9 x 7 inches
- 250 grams goat cheese or any creamy, spreadable cheese you like, softened to room temp
- fresh lemon zest
- sea salt
- fig preserves a few dollops
- 2 fresh figs cut into thin rounds
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- hot honey or regular honey, for drizzling
- fresh herbs or edible flowers for presentation (optional; I used lemon thyme)
- fresh bread for serving
- Line a serving or cutting board in parchment paper. Take the softened cheese and smear it onto the parchment. Make it look presentable and layer in swirls on the serving board.
- Sprinkle on the salt, measure everything with your heart. I take my knife and dollop on the fig preserve, add my fig slices and drizzle of hot honey. Add the crushed walnuts and garnish with lemon thyme, herbs of choice, or edible flowers. Serve with fresh bread and enjoy.