on Nov 03, 2022, Updated Nov 25, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I don’t think there’s anyone I know that doesn’t love candles. I love the warmth and coziness that candles bring into any home but have a hard time with overpowering or perfume-based scents. Along with air-fresheners, perfume-based candles typically give me a huge headache, so I have avoided them for years. This all-natural Holiday Potpourri will have your home smelling like heaven. I have been making this Potpourri during the Holidays for years. My house has never smelled more beautiful than it does when I combine cranberries, star anise, cinnamon, lemons, and rosemary, to a simmering pot of water. These beautiful ingredients permeate all throughout the house, and make every guest feel amazing. I love Christmas so the Holiday season begins on November first for us every single year. The moment Halloween is over, I simmer a beautiful pot of Potpourri immediately and get into the spirit. There is no exact recipe for this so please measure everything with your heart.
- bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 lemon slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 pieces of star anise
- sprig of rosemary
- Add all the ingredients to a pot.
- Make sure you add enough water to cover all the ingredients fully. Add the pot on the stove on medium heat and allow it to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer so the smell can permeate all throughout the house.
- You can let it simmer for a few hours or simply turn it off after an hour and use it the following day as well.
- I personally love doing this on Christmas and Christmas Eve. It’s also beautiful on Thanksgiving or any other Holiday as well so enjoy.