Viral Snow Globe Cocktail
on Dec 03, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Viral Snow Globe Cocktails 🍸 or mocktails are totally worth the hype! Thanks so much to the beautiful Meg (@ainttooproudtomeg) for the inspiration! Your guests will be so impressed with this easy drink and in my opinion, it’s 500/10. The rosemary looks like an adorable 🎄 Christmas tree and I added cranberries to mine for some extra festiveness. Trust me, once you make these, you will be living your best life and you won’t be able to get enough.
Why You’ll Love the Viral Snow Globe Cocktail
The presentation alone is phenomenal, but if you need another reason to love this Viral Snowglobe ❄️ Cocktail, look no further than the versatility. There are countless options for alcohol (gin, vodka, champagne, etc.) and then add any kind of sparkling water you like! Not to mention you can make this a mocktail of course! So whether you make a spirited cocktail or a refreshing mocktail, the frozen cranberries and rosemary make this drink look like a Christmas 🎄 dream in a glass. This cocktail will have your guests raving over how cute your drinks are.
How to Prepare the Viral Snow Globe Cocktail
🧊 Using freezer-safe glasses, add a small handful of frozen cranberries to each glass.
🌿 Then, trim the bottom of a rosemary sprig evenly and place it in the middle of the glass.
💦 Add water to the glass; alternatively, you can add water first and then place the rosemary to keep it upright.
❄️ Freeze the glasses on a small baking sheet for 45 minutes or until the water is frozen.
🍷 Remove from the freezer and serve immediately with your favorite alcohol or sparkling water.
⭐ Alcohol options include clear liquor drinks such as vodka soda, gin and tonic, white rum, prosecco, champagne, ouzo, and Bulgarian “rakija,” or you can even create a mocktail with juice or sparkling water.
Nonna’s Tip 🤶
The water in the glass has to be cold not warm, please also make sure that you use a freezer-safe glass so that the glass doesn’t crack. The cranberries and rosemary are solely in this recipe for presentation.
Snow Globe Cocktail Variations and Substitutions
The options for this gorgeous snow globe cocktail! Make it your own and let me know in the comments what you tried?
- Mix and match different frozen fruits, such as blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries, to create a colorful and diverse drink.
- Add a touch of sweetness by including simple syrup, 🍯 honey, or agave syrup to the cocktail.
- Choose your favorite spirit or mix different ones. For example, try rum, vodka, gin, tequila, or even a flavored liqueur to suit your taste. Just remember, anything that isn’t clear won’t look like mine.
- If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, replace the alcoholic spirits with sparkling water, ginger ale, or a non-alcoholic sparkling wine.
Best Served With
|Product Name / Primary Rating / Price
For this viral snow globe cocktail could certainly use an alternative to cranberries, like frozen grapes, pomegranate seeds or citrus slices (like lemon or lime). You could even use frozen pineapple or mango – make this drink your own!
If you have trouble putting in the rosemary, you can take some cooking twine and tie it to the rosemary sprig, hang the twine over the side of the glass, tape the twine to the glass, and then add the water. Once frozen, cut off the twine and enjoy!
You could make a cranberry mule (cranberry juice, and ginger beer), a minty mojito (muddle fresh mint leaves with sugar, lime juice, and rum, then top with soda water), or even a winter spiced old-fashioned (infuse bourbon with winter spices like cinnamon and cloves; serve with a twist of orange peel).
You can use flavored sparkling water by itself with the rosemary and cranberry or you could also add a juice such as cranberry or orange to the sparkling water.
You are welcome to use juice instead of water, but keep in mind that it will not have the same ‘snow globe’ look because the juice will not be clear.
Nope! You will not be able to taste the rosemary and it is not bitter at all!
Viral Snow Globe Cocktail
- ½ cup frozen cranberries, small handful in each glass
- 2 sprigs rosemary, cut the top
- sparkling water, or alcohol
- Note: before you start making this festive drink, please make sure you use freezer-safe glasses. Mine froze after 45 minutes so I took them out and served them right away.
- Take two glasses and add a small handful of frozen cranberries to the bottom of the glass.
- Take a sprig of rosemary, turn it upside down and cut the bottom so it's even. I like to spread out the bottom leaves so that it stays in place.
- Place the rosemary into the middle of the glass and add in the water. Alternatively, you can add the water first and then nestle in the rosemary making sure it stays upright.
- Place the glasses on a small baking sheet and freeze for 45 minutes (or until the water is frozen).
- Take it out of the freezer and serve immediately with your favorite alcohol or sparkling water.
- A few suggestions are: vodka soda, gin and tonic, white rum, prosecco, champagne, ouzo, Bulgarian "rakija" or make into a mocktail by adding your favorite juice or sparkling water.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.