These 3 Ingredient Sugar Cookies are on the list of my top 3 favourite cookies ever. This recipe is so simple, with ingredients you probably have on hand. This cookie is chewy on the inside, but crispy on the edges. This cookie melts in your mouth and will quickly become your favourite Holiday cookie recipe. Bring these cookies to your next gathering, and you’ll be everyone’s favourite guest!
3 Ingredient Sugar Cookies
- ⅓ cup (70 g) granulated white sugar +2 tablespoons extra for dipping
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (114 grams) unsalted softened butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract is optional
- Using a stand mixer (or a handheld one) cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. You should have a very smooth but grainy batter.
- Add in the flour and mix well until you have a tacky dough. The dough should feel something like playdough.
- Take a small icecream scoop and scoop out 11/12 cookies. You can also use a measuring spoon as well.
- Roll each one into a ball and dip in sugar. Repeat this step for every single cookie.
- Once the cookies are rolled and dipped into sugar, place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave space between each one as they will spread out.
- With the bottom of a glass, press each one until they are flat ensuring each cookie is the same thickness and size. About ⅛-¼ inch thickness.
- Bake in a preheated 325 F oven (162C) for 15 minutes. The cookies should be a touch underbaked in the middle which will ensure that chewy texture.
- Let them cool completely WITHOUT touching them for at least 15 minutes. Store into an airtight glass tupperware as they will last you a week at room temperature.
the cookies came out Delicious and they were just amazing. i was so surprised about how easy and good they were because i am a pretty good baker and sugar cookies are usually so hard and don’t turn out that good so thanks for the good recipe!
Hi Addie!! so so happy you loved then
I’ve made these before and they came out amazing but I doubled the recipe for the holiday season. I wanna make some today but I was wondering how much a the batch in the recipe yields.
Hi Julia, if you take a look right under the description it will always tell you the servings one batch was 11