Holiday Candy Cane Prosecco
on Nov 16, 2022, Updated Nov 07, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My three-ingredient Holiday Candy Cane 🍭Prosecco will be your new favorite drink. This festive drink is perfect for hosting, and can absolutely be made into a fun mocktail for the kids/teens, or anyone that doesn’t drink.
This drink is not only pretty but also tasty. With the busy holiday 🎄season upon us, it’s incredibly hard to keep up with recipes or cocktails that have so many different ingredients. I have made your life super simple because this drink will take you 10 minutes from start to finish and it’s only 3 simple ingredients that are easy to find.
Why You’ll Love Holiday Candy Cane Prosecco
This recipe is fun and easy to prepare. It will have your holiday guests thinking you are a master mixologist. The blend of prosecco and citrus juice creates a refreshing taste, and adding a candy cane for presentation adds a festive touch. This is a vibrant, customizable, and gorgeous drink that’s sure to bring joy to your special holiday event. 🎄
How to Prepare Holiday Candy Cane Prosecco
🍭Put the candy canes in a bag to crush them into fine pieces and then put them on a small plate.
🥃Dip the rim of the glass in lime or grapefruit juice, then dip it into the crushed candy cane, ensuring the rim is coated.
🍾Pour Prosecco or champagne into the prepared glass, and finally top it off with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or any preferred juice.
For presentation, add a candy cane to the glass and enjoy your festive drink!
I crush the candy canes with a flat side of a meat tenderizer but you can process them in a food processor as well. You can also use a rolling pin to crush them.
Candy Cane Prosecco Variations and Substitutions
This fun holiday drink lends itself to a number of options. Let me know in the comments if you try any!
- Instead of grapefruit or lime juice, try 🍋 lemon, orange or even a mix of different juices.
- If you want to make a mocktail you can substitute the Procecco. You can also try🍾 champagne with sparkling water or a non-alcoholic sparkling beverage like sparkling cider.
- Feel free to add other garnishes to your drink. Try garnishes such as fresh fruit that corresponds to the juice you use, even mint leaves or edible flowers.
- For the rim coating, you could use a colored sugar, crushed graham crackers, or sprinkles instead of crushed candy canes.
Take a look at some of these appetizers that would pair nicely with any holiday drink. You can also try making my beautiful Christmas Tree Bread if you’re in the mood for more fun!
You can absolutely leave out the alcohol and use another type of juice in here. You can also go to the store and use an alcohol-free “wine” or use non-alcoholic beverage like “dry-secco.”
You can use any other hard candy for the rim. Get creative, find your favorite candy at the Bulk Barn and use that instead.
You can definitely use any juice that you personally enjoy such as guava, pineapple, cranberry or any of choice.
Holiday Candy Cane Prosecco
- crushed candy canes, I used 5 small candy canes
- Champagne or Prosecco, measure with your heart
- fresh grapefruit juice (to top up with), or any juice you like
- lime juice or grapfruit juice , for the rim
- Place the candy canes into a small bag and crush them into fine pieces. Add them to a small plate.
- Add lime juice or grapefruit juice into a plate and dip the rim of the glass in it. Now dip that same glass into the candy cane pieces and make sure you gently press and turn it so you can line the rim.
- Add the Prosecco or champagne, and top off with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, or any juice you like. Add a candy cane for presentation and enjoy!