I know you have a lot of herbs in the garden so we are making olive oil herb cubes. I’ve had this hack on my feed for years and it’s one of the best hacks for the summer. These herb cubes will flavour any dish and will last you for months in the freezer. This is the most perfect way to freeze herbs that you have an abundance of this summer which you simply do not know what to do with. You can make the herb cubes with any combination of herbs and have fun with it. They will freeze beautifully for 6+ months and can be used for sautéing, marinades, pesto, and so many other ways.
- thinly sliced basil leaves or any herbs
- olive oil or avocado oil enough to cover them in the tray
- ice cube tray
- Wash and pat try any herbs you have. You can also dry them easily using a salad spinner. Chop them up and put a little bit into an ice-cube tray.
- You can add as much or as little as you like depending on how big the ice-cube tray is.
- Pop the tray in the freezer and once it’s frozen you can transfer them into a ziplock bag and use individually.
- Thaw one before you use it or simply pop it in a pan and enjoy.
Will definitely be making these cubes when our season is over. Great tip! Thank you Sneji