on Mar 09, 2023, Updated Jul 07, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My homemade mayo takes only 1 minute to make! If you love mayo, but have wanted to try making your own, this is the recipe for you. This recipe is made with great quality ingredients and tastes delicious. It’s creamy and can be made according to taste. I love knowing exactly what ingredients go into my mayo, and it can be more affordable than store-bought. The key here is a mild-tasting oil, such as avocado oil or light olive oil, and a high-quality, pasture-raised egg cold out of the fridge.
Table of Contents
This recipe is perfect for sandwiches, wraps, tuna and chicken salad, and beyond!
- 1 large egg, cold out of the fridge, (pasture-raised is preferred)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup light avocado oil , or any light or mild oil you like
- Gently add the whole egg (making sure the yolk doesn't break) into a wide-mouth mason (glass) jar or tall liquid measuring cup. Add the salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, and avocado oil. The salt, pepper, mustard, and lemon should be to taste, so feel free to add more or less, according to your preference.
- Take the immersion blender (hand blender) and trap the egg fully. Turn it on and as soon as it starts to emulsify you can start moving it around until the mayo is fully done. This takes less than 1 minute.
- Store the mayo in a tightly sealed a mason jar, pop it in the fridge, and enjoy! Homemade mayo can last in the fridge up to 2 weeks if stored properly.