My egg free mayo recipe is perfect for anyone that is allergic to eggs. After posting my traditional homemade mayo recipe this week, I had a lot of you ask for a version that’s free from eggs. This recipe is incredibly easy and can be made according to taste. Please be mindful that the mayo will taste like the oil you use so make sure you use a LIGHT oil that tastes good. If you use strong tasting oils, it will be bitter and you may not like the outcome. What’s wonderful about this recipe is that you can also add sriracha to taste and make egg free SPICY mayo too! If you make your own egg-free or even dairy-free mayo please let us all know in the comments so that you can help everyone else out as well.
Egg Free Mayo
- ½ cup light oil that you like I used extra light olive oil
- ¼ cup milk I used 2%
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to taste
- teaspoon of dijon mustard honey dijon will work
- Add all of the the ingredients in order that you see them above.
- Take the immersion blender (hand blender). Turn it on, and as soon as it starts to emulsify you can start moving it around until the mayo is fully done. This takes less than a minute.
- Store the mayo into a mason jar and pop it in the fridge! Enjoy! Homemade mayo can last in the fridge up to 10 days if stored properly.