My egg free mayo recipe is perfect for anyone that is allergic to eggs. After posting my traditional homemade mayo recipe this week, I had a lot of you ask for a version that’s free from eggs. This recipe is incredibly easy and can be made according to taste. Please be mindful that the mayo will taste like the oil you use, so make sure you use a LIGHT, mild oil that tastes good. If you use strong tasting oils (such as extra-virgin olive oil or any nut oil), it will be bitter and you may not like the outcome. What’s wonderful about this recipe is that you can also add sriracha to taste and make egg-free SPICY mayo! If you make your own egg-free or even dairy-free mayo please let us all know in the comments so that you can help everyone else out as well.
Egg Free Mayo
- ½ cup light, mild oil that you like I use extra-light olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup milk I use 2%
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to taste
- teaspoon of dijon mustard honey dijon will work
- Add the oil, milk, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar, and mustard to a wide jar or tall bowl.
- Using an immersion blender (hand blender), blend the mixture until it starts to emulsify. Begin the process with the blender touching the bottom of the jar or bowl, and after the mayo starts to form, then move the blender around. The full time to blend and emulsify the mayo should take about 1 minute.
- Store the mayo in a jar and pop it in the fridge! Enjoy! Homemade mayo can last in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge for up to 10 days.