Copycat Starbucks Egg-White Bites
on Jan 06, 2022, Updated Nov 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Upgrade your breakfast with my simplified Copycat Starbucks Egg-White Bites. I’ve created a super simple recipe for you, that cuts down on ingredients and chooses cleaner, healthier choices. Say goodbye to complicated steps – my version keeps the phenomenal texture using cottage cheese and mimics the sous-vide method without the need for special equipment 😉. Enjoy a fuss-free and delicious morning treat that you can easily make your own.
Why You’ll Love These Egg-White Bites
You’re going to fall in love with my Copycat Starbucks Bell Pepper Egg-White Bites—they’re simple, clean, and incredibly tasty. Enjoy the easy preparation, the healthier ingredients, and the variety of flavors. With a fluffy texture from cottage cheese and a clever sous-vide hack, these bites are perfect 👌 for quick breakfasts or fast meal prep.
How to Prepare Copycat Starbucks Egg-White Bites
🔥 Preheat the oven to 350F.
🥚 Blend eggs, salt, cottage cheese, and mozzarella for 20-30 seconds.
⭐ Place a silicone muffin tin on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
🫑 Place bell peppers and spinach in each muffin cup, then fill with the egg mixture (1/2-3/4 full). Optional: gently stir with a chopstick.
💦 Carefully position the baking dish with the muffin tin on a lower oven rack. Fill the baking tray with boiling water up to halfway.
♨️ Bake without opening the oven for at least 25 minutes (up to 30 minutes). Monitor closely.
🍳 Allow them to rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
🧊 Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave if frozen. Enjoy!
The oven must be preheated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 25 minutes so you can let everything steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
Variations and Substitutions
These delicious and low-fat egg bites are so customizable! Don’t forget to let me know in the comments which variations you try.
- Add some breakfast meat like ham or 🥓 bacon to your egg bites.
- Instead of bell peppers, try another combination of vegetables like tomatoes and basil or kale and mushrooms.
- Feel free to leave out the cheese or use a dairy-free equivalent instead.
- Give your egg bites a spicy kick 🌶️ with some red pepper flakes and Monterey jack cheese.
- Feel free to add in herbs like dill, rosemary, or thyme to customize how your egg bites are flavored.
- If you love eggs, you’ll love my egg bake recipes, like my delicious Cheddar Egg Bake.
$33.99 ($11.33 / Count)
The oven must be pre-heated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 25 minutes so you can allow the eggs to steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
I use Redmond Real Salt, please note that depending on the salt you use, your dish may be less or more salty. Salt is always to taste. Therefore, always taste and adjust as you cook.
Yes, but the eggs may stick, so be sure to spray it well.
These egg bites can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved when you want to enjoy them.
Yes, you certainly can. Let the egg bites cool, and then store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge, and heat in the microwave until warm
Copycat Starbucks Egg-White Bites
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, or any you like
- 1 small bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup spinach, finely chopped, to taste
- boiling hot water, boiled mine on the stove
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a blender add the eggs, salt, cottage cheese, the mozzarella cheese and blend for 20-30 seconds. Add the silicone muffin tin on top of a baking sheet and spray down your muffin tin. Mine is silicone and mess-free but you can use any.
- Add the bell peppers and the spinach to the bottom of every muffin cup and add your egg mixture 1/2-3/4 of the way. I like to give it a gentle stir with a chopstick but it’s optional.
- Carefully place the baking dish with the muffin tin on top in the oven on a lower rack. Add boiling hot water up to the 1/2 way mark of the baking tray.
- Close the door and bake until set for at least 25 minutes without opening it. Mine took exactly 30 minutes but keep an eye on it. Let them rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved if needed. You can also let them cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat in the microwave if you are freezing them. Enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.