Copycat Starbucks “sous-vide” egg-bites. In my opinion they are so much better in texture and absolutely no special equipment required. The Starbucks version doesn’t use ricotta but I felt the ricotta would make them so creamy and totally similar in texture, and it did. You can absolutely add bacon bits, bell peppers, or anything else you like so feel free to adjust. There are a few very important steps so please read the notes and descriptions below.
Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Ricotta
- 5 medium eggs
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup full fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- boiling hot water I boiled mine on the stove
- cooking spray just in case
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a blender add the eggs, salt, ricotta, the Gruyère cheese and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the muffin tin on top of a baking sheet and spray down your muffin tin. Mine is silicone and mess-free but you can use any.
- Add your egg mixture 1/2 way in the muffin tins and carefully place the baking dish with the muffin tin on top in the oven on a low rack.
- Add boiling hot water up to the 1/2 way mark of the baking tray. Close the door and bake until set for at least 25 minutes without opening it. Mine took exactly 30 minutes but keep an eye on it. Let them rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved if needed. You can also let them cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat in the microwave if you are freezing them. Enjoy.