Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Ricotta
on Nov 01, 2021, Updated Nov 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’ve already tried my Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites and Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites, you’ll love this variation. Instead of using cottage cheese, this recipe uses ricotta cheese, elevating the texture and creaminess factor 🤤.
Say goodbye to overpriced store-bought breakfast bites and frustrating drive-through lineups. This recipe is easy to make and will give you delicious results every time.
Why You’ll Love Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Ricotta
Much like my other egg-bite recipes, these are incredibly easy to make, packed with healthy, clean ingredients and don’t require any special equipment 😉. Moreover, they are completely customizable. You can try different cheeses, add your favourite herbs and spices, sneak in some veggies or up the protein content by adding breakfast meat!
Whether you’re meal prepping, trying to find a more budget-friendly breakfast solution or simply want to save on time, this recipe will not disappoint!
How to Prepare Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Ricotta
⏲️ Start by preheating the oven to 325F.
🧀 Now, blend the eggs, salt, ricotta, and the Gruyère cheese for 20-30 seconds.
⭐ Place a silicone muffin tin on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
🥚Add the egg mixture 1/2 way in each muffin cup.
💦 Carefully position the baking dish with the muffin pan on a lower oven rack. Fill the baking tray with boiling water up to halfway.
♨️ Bake without opening the oven for at least 25 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Monitor closely.
🍳 Allow them to rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
🧊 Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat in the microwave if frozen. Enjoy!
The oven must be preheated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 20 minutes so you can allow the eggs to steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
Variations and Substitutions
These delicious egg bites are so customizable, so don’t forget to let me know in the comments which variations you try.
- Add some breakfast meat like ham or 🥓 bacon to your egg bites.
- Instead of bell peppers, try another combination of vegetables like tomatoes and basil or kale and mushrooms.
- Feel free to leave out the cheese or use a dairy-free equivalent instead.
- Give your egg bites a spicy kick 🌶️ with some red pepper flakes and Monterey jack cheese.
- Feel free to add in herbs like dill, rosemary, or thyme to customize how your egg bites are flavored.
- If you love eggs, you’ll love my egg bake recipes, like my delicious Cheddar Egg Bake.
$33.99 ($11.33 / Count)
The oven must be pre-heated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 25 minutes so you can allow the eggs to steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
I use Redmond Real Salt, please note that depending on the salt you use, your dish may be less or more salty. Salt is always to taste. Always taste and adjust as you cook.
Yes, but the eggs may stick, so be sure to spray it well.
These egg bites can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved when you want to enjoy them.
Yes, you certainly can. Let the egg bites cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge, and heat in the microwave until warm
Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Ricotta
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup ricotta , full fat
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- boiling hot water , I boiled mine on the stove
- cooking spray , just in case
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a blender add the eggs, salt, ricotta, the Gruyère cheese and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Place the muffin pan on top of a baking sheet and spray the muffin tin with avocado oil spray.
- Add the egg mixture 1/2 way in each muffin cup and carefully place the baking dish with the muffin tin on top in the oven on a low rack.
- Add boiling hot water up to the 1/2 way mark of the baking tray. Close the door and bake until set for at least 25 minutes without opening it. Mine took exactly 30 minutes but keep an eye on it. Let them rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved if needed. You can also let them cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat in the microwave if you are freezing them. Enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.