Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites
on Nov 01, 2021, Updated Nov 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Copycat Starbucks “Sous-Vide” Egg Bites will revolutionize your breakfast game. I promise you won’t miss the store-bought version after trying these. Not only are they delicious, easy to prepare and incredibly budget-friendly, but they will have you driving by Starbucks like ✌️😌!
Why You’ll Love These Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites
These egg bites are made with healthy, clean ingredients and are also incredibly simple to make. No special equipment is necessary, and the texture will be just as good (if not better) than your favorite Starbucks version, thanks to my sous-vide hack 😉.
Did I mention only 3 eggs are required to make 9 bites, each bite contains 5 grams of protein, and they are completely customizable!? This recipe is a must-try!
How to Prepare Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites
⏲️ Start by preheating the oven to 325F.
🧀 Now, blend the eggs, salt, cottage cheese, and Gruyère cheese for 20-30 seconds.
⭐ Place a silicone muffin tin on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
🥚 Add the egg mixture 1/2 way in each muffin cup.
💦 Carefully position the baking dish with the muffin pan on a lower oven rack. Fill the baking tray with boiling water up to halfway.
♨️ Bake without opening the oven for at least 25 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Monitor closely.
🍳 Allow them to rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
🧊 Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat in the microwave if frozen. Enjoy!
The oven must be preheated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 20 minutes so you can allow the eggs to steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
Variations and Substitutions
These delicious egg bites are so customizable, so don’t forget to let me know in the comments which variations you try.
- Add some breakfast meat like ham or 🥓 bacon to your egg bites.
- Instead of bell peppers, try another combination of vegetables like tomatoes and basil or kale and mushrooms.
- Feel free to leave out the cheese or use a dairy-free equivalent instead.
- Give your egg bites a spicy kick 🌶️ with some red pepper flakes and Monterey jack cheese.
- Feel free to add in herbs like dill, rosemary, or thyme to customize how your egg bites are flavored.
- If you love eggs, you’ll love my egg bake recipes, like my delicious Cheddar Egg Bake.
$33.99 ($11.33 / Count)
The oven must be pre-heated, and the water must be boiling hot. Do not open the oven at all for at least 25 minutes so you can allow the eggs to steam and get creamy. My oven is super slow. Therefore, my egg bites took 30 minutes.
I use Redmond Real Salt, please note that depending on the salt you use, your dish may be less or more salty. Salt is always to taste. Always taste and adjust as you cook.
Yes, but the eggs may stick, so be sure to spray it well.
You can store these egg bites in the fridge for up to 3 days and pop them in the microwave when you want to enjoy them.
Yes, you certainly can. Let the egg bites cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge, and heat in the microwave until warm
Copycat Starbucks Egg-Bites with Cottage Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- boiling hot water , I boiled mine on the stove
- cooking spray , I use avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a blender add the eggs, salt, cottage cheese, the Gruyère cheese and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Place the muffin tin on top of a baking sheet and spray the muffin tin. Mine is silicone and mess-free but you can use any.
- Add the egg mixture 1/2 way in the muffin cups and carefully place the baking dish with the muffin tin on top in the oven on a low rack.
- Add boiling hot water up to the 1/2 way mark of the baking tray. Close the door and bake until set for at least 20 minutes without opening it.
- Mine took exactly 30 minutes to cook but keep an eye on it. Let them rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- These bites can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved when you are ready to enjoy them.
- You can also let them cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat in the microwave if you are freezing them.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.