Easy Spinach Dip Mushrooms. These mushrooms are a dream, the filling is everything you want, but more. Every bite is creamy, cheesy, and absolutely delicious. This recipe makes for the perfect appetizer and can be made in the air-fryer as well.
Spinach Dip Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 2-3 cloves of minced or chopped garlic
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 16 whole mushrooms cleaned
- drizzle of olive oil for the baking dish
- mozzarella on top measure with your heart
- Preheat the oven to 400F. With a damp paper towel clean the mushrooms, remove the stems and save the stems for another recipe.
- You can also chop up the stems, add them to the onions as well. With a small teaspoon scoop a little bit out of the inside of the mushroom and do this with each one.
- Drizzle on a touch of olive oil in a baking dish and arrange them on top. In a pan on medium heat add a little bit of olive oil and sauté the onions.
- Add the chopped spinach and let it wilt, and lastly the garlic and let that cook off for 30 seconds. Take it off the heat. In a separate bowl add the cream cheese of choice and add in the sautéed spinach, onions and garlic.
- Give it a good mix and fill each mushroom with about a teaspoon of filling.
- Top them off with mozzarella and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked and the cheese is melted. Enjoy