You have to make these 5 Ingredient Shortbread Cookie Bars. Give the gift of love this Holiday season by baking these incredible shortbread cookie bars. Homemade gifts such as this one, mean so much more as it comes straight from the heart.
These cookies take no time at all so show your love and appreciation for someone special with this beautiful gift idea. These bars were gone within seconds, and once you make them, you’ll know why!
Shortbread Cookie Bars
- 1 cup (227 g) butter
- ½ cup (109 g) Redpath's Golden Yellow Sugar packed
- ⅓ cup (40 g) Redpath's Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- 2⅓ cups (261 g) cake flour
- mini pearl sprinkles or any you like is optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Lightly grease and line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the sides for easy unmoulding.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream butter, the Redpath Golden Yellow Sugar, the Redpath Icing Sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as necessary; 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour over the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. The dough will be crumbly but tacky.
- On a lightly floured work surface, turn the dough out and knead a few times until the dough just comes together; do not over work. Place dough into the prepared baking pan and evenly press the shortbread dough into the pan. Smooth out top using a spatula. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place into the fridge to chill; at least 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, score the chilled dough into even sized squares, bars, or diamonds with the help of a ruler if needed. With a fork or skewer, dock the entire surface of the dough. For a clean, professional look, space the prick holes evenly apart.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake until pale golden; 25-30 minutes (9-inch pan), or 40 to 45 minutes (8-inch pan).
- Allow shortbread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before using a sharp knife to cut along the scored lines. Once cookies are completely cooled, carefully lift and remove from the pan using the parchment overhangs.
- Store completely cooled shortbread in an airtight container between parchment paper for up to a week at room temperature, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Optionally, add the cookies to a cookie tin or box lined with tissue paper, wrap with a bow and gift to someone you love.
If you make a recipe and love it, I kindly ask you to leave me a review. It would mean the world to me if you did