Festive Holiday Cookies
on Nov 11, 2022, Updated Dec 11, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These are the perfect festive holiday cookies. This cookie recipe takes 5 minutes to whip up and 1 second to devour. If you love chocolate chip cookies, you will absolutely love this festive touch. I used Christmas m and m’s which are red and green to get into the Holiday Spirit. The only thing I ask of you when baking cookies is to enjoy the process and have FUN!
Table of Contents
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter, 1/2 cup
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour , 226 grams
- ½ cup holiday m&m ‘s, or festive sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. You are more than welcome to use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- In your stand mixer cream the butter and the sugars together until nice and smooth.
- Add the egg and pure vanilla extract, mix for about a minute again on medium-low speed.
- Gradually begin to add the flour, baking soda, pinch of salt, and mix on medium low speed until a tacky dough forms.
- Mix or fold in the m&m’s and take a spoon or an ice-cream scoop and scoop out 24 small cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also make 12 large cookies as well but the baking time may increase.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden. Enjoy and don’t forget to share this recipe with your love ones.