Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs
on Nov 24, 2022, Updated Dec 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Kinder Surprise Hot Chocolate Bombs 💣 are so fun! It’s that time of year again when we all want something warm and cozy, and this recipe adds a nice twist that your kids (or you!) are going to love. Kinder hot chocolate bombs have been a 🎄 holiday staple for me for the last few years.
Why You’ll Love Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs
These Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs are not only delicious and easy to make, but they’re also so fun. With a few simple ingredients, you will be enjoying the most delightful hot chocolate you have ever had. You get to pick what kind of hot cocoa mix you add, so of course, be sure to choose one that is decadent! The mini marshmallows inside are a cute addition that we all know is necessary for any good cup of hot chocolate ☕️.
You get to enjoy a fabulous cup of hot chocolate that is a blast to make – it’s a win-win for sure. Don’t forget, there are plenty of ways you can make these your own, so be certain to check out some of the suggestions below!
How to Prepare Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs
🥚 Unwrap the Kinder egg and discard the packaging.
⭐ Carefully break the egg in half, setting aside the “surprise” toy.
🍫 Fill one half with your favorite hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows.
🔥 Heat a pan on the stove and briefly press the empty half of the egg onto it for 1 to 2 seconds (avoid over-melting).
🍬 Combine the melted half with the untouched half, gently pressing them together. Then place the Kinder hot chocolate bomb in a glass.
🥛 Pour hot milk over the bomb. Enjoy your delicious hot chocolate!
Be careful when splitting the kinder egg in half. Gently press along the side or split it with a knife.
Variations and Substitutions for Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments how you make them your own!
- You could add a bit of flavored extract such as vanilla, peppermint, or hazelnut to the hot chocolate mix for extra flavor.
- Experiment with different types of hot 🍫 chocolate mixes, like dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Put a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg into the hot chocolate mix.
- Add some crushed 🌰 nuts, such as toasted almonds or roasted hazelnuts, into the hot chocolate mix for a crunchy twist.
- Use hot water or 🥛 non-dairy milk (almond, soy, coconut) in place of cow’s milk if you have an allergy or dietary restriction.
- Include festive sprinkles or crushed cookie bits inside the eggs for even more of a surprise.
- Try your Kinder hot chocolate bombs with different kinds of mini marshmallows such as peppermint!
|Product Name / Primary Rating / Price
You can use any hot chocolate mix you enjoy.
Kinder Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 Kinder egg, remove the toy
- 1.5 teaspoons hot chocolate mix, any you enjoy
- 1 teaspoon marshmallows, mini
- 1 cup milk, hot milk
- Open up the Kinder egg, discard the wrapper. Gently break the egg in half and set the “surprise” toy aside.
- Fill one side with your favorite hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows. You can now heat up a pan on the stove, take the empty half of the egg, and gently press it onto the pan for 1 to 2 seconds. You do not want to melt it for longer than that.
- Take the melted half and join it together with the other half, and gently press. Add the kinder hot chocolate bomb to a glass and pour over hot milk. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.