This healthy green goddess dip has 30 grams of protein and is so easy to make. It’s no secret that cottage cheese is having its moment. I love cottage cheese in dips, in pancakes, in eggs, as ice-cream, and anywhere that I can complete hide or transform it. This dip is full of flavor, and you will never know it’s made from cottage cheese. If you have protein or weight-loss goals, this is the recipe you need.
You can enjoy this dip with grain-free tortilla chips, such as those from the brand Siete, with crunchy veggies, such as carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers, or use it as a spread on wraps. Feel free to measure with your heart and taste and adjust the ingredients according to your preferences. How much or how little you add in here is totally up to you and always to taste. I like to add a little at a time, blend, taste, and adjust if needed. This will last in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. Perfect for meal prep and an easy grab-on-the-go snack.
Healthy Green Goddess Dip
- food processor or blender
- handful of fresh parsley
- handful of fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed for less heat (optional)
- ½ sweet green pepper (Sheppard or cubanelle)
- 1 small tub cottage cheese (250 grams)
- salt to taste
- lemon or lime juice to taste
- 1/4 avocado
- To a food processor, add the parsley, dill, garlic, jalapeño (if using), and sweet green pepper and process until smooth. It's important to add these first to avoid a chunky dip.
- Note: you can open the food processor and scrape down the sides if needed to make sure everything is incorporated properly.
- After the veggies are processed, add the cottage cheese, salt, lemon juice, and avocado.
- Blend until smooth and taste and adjust for seasoning. Check for salt, lemon juice, and adjust to taste.
- Serve as a dip, with veggies, or any way you like! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.