This 3 ingredient healthy ice-cream will blow you away. Not only is it incredibly delicious, it’s packed with protein and totally healthy! 500 grams of ice-cream yields 60 grams of protein due to the cottage cheese that we use in here. I’ll be honest, I do NOT like cottage cheese on it’s own but once it’s incorporated, whipped, or mixed into a recipe it’s an absolute game changer for me. This recipe is incredibly viral and inspired by my friend Lainie Kates @lainiecooks_ on Instagram as she shared this incredible creation with the world. The possibilities for flavors are endless so I hope you give it a try! This recipe makes for the perfect dessert or even post workout treat.
- 500 grams full fat cottage cheese (do not use low-fat) one medium tub
- fruits of choice, I used 7 strawberries + 1/4 banana
- drizzle sweetener of choice, to taste I used maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Alternatively you can add them to a bowl and use a stick blender to blend it all as well.
- Make sure to measure with your heart and add as much or as little sweetener as your heart desires. I used 2 tablespoons of maple syrup but I am leaving that up to you.
- Pour it back into the cottage cheese container or a freezer safe container with the lid. I like to stir it every hour until frozen or to your liking.
- If the ice-cream becomes "icy" you can re-blend it after it's frozen for the perfect texture if you wish. You can also enjoy it soft-serve as well.
- Enjoy as is for the perfect protein pack treat!