Halloween Mummy Hotdogs
on Oct 06, 2022, Updated Nov 05, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get into the spooky spirit of Halloween 🎃 with these Mummy Hot Dogs – a creative and playful twist on a classic favorite. These delightful little mummies are not only fun to make but also a hit with both kids and adults. Whether you’re planning a festive Halloween 👻 gathering or looking to surprise your little ones with a special lunchbox treat, these wrapped mummies are sure to bring smiles and laughter. Plus, with just a handful of ingredients, they’re a breeze to prepare. Get ready to turn ordinary hot dogs into a ghoulishly good time!
Why You’ll Love Halloween Mummy Hotdogs
- Festive and Fun: These Mummy Hot Dogs 🌭 add a playful, Halloween-inspired twist to a classic favorite, delighting both kids and adults.
- Quick and Easy: With minimal ingredients and simple steps, they’re perfect for busy families.
- Dough Flexibility: Furthermore, you have the flexibility to use your preferred dough for customization.
- Perfect for Parties: These charming mummies make a memorable addition to your Halloween gathering.
How To Prepare Halloween Mummy Hotdogs
Prepare the Dough: First, unwrap and cut the Pillsbury dough into thin strips.
Wrap the Mummies: Pat the hot dogs dry and wrap them with the dough, leaving space for the eyes.
Bake: Heat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the mummies for 13-15 minutes until they turn golden.
Add Eyes 👀: After cooling slightly, use a lollipop stick or toothpick to add ketchup or mustard dots for the eyes, then gently attach the candy eyes.
Serve: These adorable Mummy Hot Dogs 🌭 are ready to impress your Halloween gathering or surprise your loved ones in their lunchboxes.
Nonna’s Spooky Tip
If the hot dogs are packaged, please pat them dry as the dough will not stick well if they are wet. The candy eyes are for presentation only so feel free to use anything else as the eyes like olives.
Substitutions and Variations
- Hot Dog Alternatives: For a healthier twist, consider using turkey or chicken 🐔 sausages, vegetarian hot dogs, or even tofu dogs.
- Condiments and Eyes: To add variety, get creative with condiments. In place of ketchup and mustard, you can opt for barbecue sauce, Sriracha, or your favorite dipping sauce. Additionally, you can customize the eyes with various edible options like small olive slices, small tomato 🍅 pieces, or even bits of cheese.
- Mini Mummies: If you’re hosting a party, you could also try using cocktail sausages or mini hot dogs to create bite-sized mummies, perfect for party appetizers.
- Veggie Mummies: For a vegetarian or vegan option, consider using plant-based sausages or carrot dogs.
Other Halloween Recipes
- Mummy Hot Dogs
- Frankenstein Kiwis
- Witch Finger Cookies
- Chocolate Bats
- Pretzel Broomsticks
- Halloween Cocktails
While the candy eyes are edible, they are quite hard. Please exercise caution when eating them. If they are too hard for your liking, you can choose to remove them before enjoying your mummy hot dog.
Yes, you can certainly use any dough you prefer, such as pizza dough. But, try to ensure you cut it into thin strips and wrap it around the hot dog as demonstrated.
Certainly, you can customize the eyes by using small olive slices, tomato pieces, cheese bits, or other edible alternatives.
Halloween Mummy Hotdogs
- 16 hot dogs , 1 pack and a half
- 1 pack Pillsbury dough
- ketchup, or mustard
- candy eyes
- skewer, toothpick or lillipop stick
- Peel the outside of the dough package and pop it open gently. Place it onto parchment paper and pinch the dough together wherever you see that it’s separated. With a pizza cutter or a knife cut it into thin strips, pizza cutter is the easiest way.
- Take any hotdogs you love and pat them dry with a paper towel. Placed them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and take your dough strips and start wrapping it around a hotdog leaving an indent for the eyes.
- Bake in a preheated 375F degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool a bit, take your lollipop stick or skewer and dab it into mustard or ketchup and add two dots for the eyes. Gently stick on the candy eyes and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.