10-minute Halloween Frankenstein Kiwis. Welcome back to episode two of my Halloween food series. These are the Cutest Frankenstein Kiwi’s Ever. I am absolutely obsessed with cute and fun activities that adults and kids can make for Halloween. Please share this idea with all your loved ones and tag me if you make it. These are definitely a healthier option than my last Halloween episode so it’s the perfect balance. This tutorial was inspired by various creators on Pinterest, one of them being “Berry & The Boards” so be sure to check it out. For this recipe you will need:
Halloween Frankenstein Kiwis
- 3 kiwi’s not too ripe should be firmer
- candy eyes got mine at the Bulk Barn
- any melted chocolate I melted chocolate chips over a double boiler
- pretzel sticks I snapped mine in half
- Wash the kiwi really well and pat it dry. Cut it directly in half and place it flesh side down.
- Cut a little bit off of one of the ends and discard it. You can now take any sharp knife — I use a paring knife and I make a slit 1/4 of the way down from the top but I don’t cut all the way through. You just make a cut until it touches the flesh but do not cut through it. Take a small peeler and gently peel the skin upwards starting from the bottom.
- Pat it down and dab with a paper towel to remove some of that moisture otherwise the chocolate won't stick. I like to use a very thin skewer, but you can also use a toothpick as well. I dip my thin skewer into the melted chocolate and make two dots for the eyes.
- I add two eye candy’s on top of the chocolate and gently press. With that same skewer I dip again in the chocolate and draw a mouth.
- You are more than welcome to add some extra “scuffs ” on the side of the face as well. I take my pretzel and snap it in half and I insert each half into the sides of the kiwi where the ears would go. Enjoy and don’t forget to follow for more
Take a look at my other Halloween snack ideas