Easy cheesy three ingredient pretzel witch broomsticks. This is the easiest and cutest Halloween snack. Welcome back to episode five of my Halloween food series. This Halloween Pretzel Broomsticks tutorial is so tasty and cute. It is the perfect after school activity or back-to-school snack. I don’t have little ones, but I do send Steve to work with these and laugh picturing all the guys enjoy these at lunch. Please be sure to check out all the other Halloween tutorials as they are just as fun to make.
Halloween Pretzel Broomsticks
- 10 pretzel sticks
- marbled cheddar cheese strings each string cheese cut into thirds
- 10 pieces of chive I cut mine to fit around the broomstick
- I open each pack of string cheese and cut that one piece into thirds. Use a thin serated knife and gently cut the cheese so that it doesn’t break or stick to the knife.
- I make a few lengthwise cuts 3/4 of the way up, flip or rotate the cheese on its side, and make a few more cuts making sure you don’t cut all the way to the top.
- Take a pretzel stick and gently insert it at the top of the cheese. Cut a piece of chive to fit around the top of the cheese and enjoy.
- Please note that certain types of string cheese like mozzarella is way too soft and the strands will break and stick to the knife so use a firmer cheese.
- These are best enjoyed the same day as the pretzel does get soft and mushy if you store it in the fridge overnight
- You can stick the pretzel in the cheese in the morning if you are sending your kids to school with these.
Take a look at my other Halloween snack ideas