on Feb 21, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is simply heaven in a bowl. 10 minutes from start to finish and the most easy and delicious breakfast that tastes like dessert. The recipe for my homemade Nutella is on my website but feel free to use any chocolate or hazelnut spread you like. This recipe makes one portion so feel free to double it if needed. You will need:
- ¾ cup water or milk
- ¼ cup espresso or brewed coffee
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup rolled oats — I use quick cooking
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- ⅓ cup vanilla yogurt — one small container
- touch of honey or maple syrup is optional
- 1-2 tablespoons homemade Nutella or any spread
- dusting of unsweetened cocoa or cacao
- dark chocolate shavings or cacao nibs for presentation
- In a pot on the stove add the water, pinch of salt, and brewed coffee or espresso. Let it come to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Add the rolled oats and stir until it thickens.
- Take it off the heat and stir in a touch of pure vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone, vanilla yogurt, and optionally a touch of sweetener. How sweet you like this will be totally up to you.
- Pour the oatmeal in a bowl and add a little bit of my homemade Nutella or any chocolate spread on top.
- Top it off with the mascarpone yogurt cream and finish this breakfast off by dusting some unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder. Shavings of dark chocolate or cacao nibs are totally optional. Enjoy