My hot honey watermelon salad will be your new favorite summertime dish. Have you ever had hot honey on watermelon? If you love hot honey, this is the recipe for you! This salad is absolutely outstanding: incredibly refreshing, with the hot honey adding just the tiniest bit of spice to keep things interesting, and the feta contributing creaminess and tang. The combination of watermelon and feta is a staple in Bulgaria and my family’s favorite summertime treat. This recipe takes 10 minutes from start to finish and is the perfect side dish for any barbecue or outdoor event.
There are no exact measurements in this recipe: use the quantities that suit your level of hunger, your preferences, and how many people you are serving. This salad is quite light, so you really can’t go wrong serving up a big portion. Of course, the hot honey is completely optional and you’re welcome to use regular honey or agave in place of hot honey.
Hot Honey Watermelon Salad
- cubed watermelon
- cubed or crumbled feta measured with your heart
- lime juice to taste
- hot honey (or regular honey or agave) measured with your heart
- fresh mint or lemon thyme for garnish
- Cut the watermelon in half, place it fruit side down and cut it into wedges. Remove the rind and cut the watermelon into bite-size cubes.
- Place the watermelon in a large bowl with the feta, a squeeze of lime juice, and a drizzle of hot honey.
- Garnish with fresh mint and drizzle on a touch more hot honey. Enjoy!