Juicy Homemade Burgers
on May 24, 2021, Updated Feb 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the best juicy homemade burger you will ever make. I have three tricks for ensuring incredibly tender and juicy burgers: an egg for moisture, a bit of parmesan cheese for added richness, and an easy but game-changing indentation tip, which I describe in the recipe method. I also add a bit of onion powder and fresh garlic for a blast of flavor. Serve these up from your grill, and you will be crowned the barbecue king or queen.
- 1 pound (500 grams) ground meat of your choice, (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Add the ground meat, onion powder, egg, parmesan, and garlic to a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients together until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal-size portions (or 8 mini portions), and using your hands, flatten into patties.
- This step here is very important: make sure you make a little indent with your fingers in the center of each patty. This is so important because the meat will shrink and this will ensure the burger cooks evenly all throughout.
- Fire up the grill or warm a skillet on the stovetop over high heat. If making these on the stove, lightly grease the skillet before adding the patties. Cook the burger patties for about 7 to 9 minutes on each side, depending on your preferred doneness. Your burgers may take more or less time depending on how thickly you've shaped the patties and how high the heat is on your grill. The best way to test for doneness is to use a meat thermometer.