Big Mac Salad
on Jan 20, 2022, Updated Oct 16, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I have been craving a Big Mac and haven’t been to McDonald’s in over 10 years — not because of any reason in particular but I tend to cook at home and not think about fast food as much. One of you guys mentioned that I should make a Big Mac salad and I thought it was a brilliant suggestion so this is my take on it. Recipe makes 2 portions and my version is definitely cleaner than most. You will need:
Table of Contents
Big Mac Salad
- ¼ cup Vegenaise or any mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream — any you like
- ¼ cup plain yogurt — or leave it out
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha is optional or any hot sauce you like
- heaping tablespoon honey dijon
- 2 finely diced pickles
- 1-2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ½ diced iceberg lettuce
- 400 grams lean ground beef, any meat works or plant-based meat
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil — or any
- ½ finely diced onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Slice and dice the iceberg lettuce and put it in a bowl.
- Finely dice the pickles or you can use relish. Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and set it aside. In a pan on medium high heat add the oil and let it heat up.
- Add in the ground meat of choice, break it up and fry it until golden and there’s no more liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the onions and the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and turn the heat off.
- Once the cheese melts you can put it on top of the lettuce and add the Big Mac sauce. Enjoy.