on May 26, 2022, Updated Nov 18, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Watermelon Popsicles: One of my favourite ways to cut a watermelon is to cut it into popsicle sticks and it couldn’t be easier. You can also freeze them as it will make for a very refreshing summertime treat that’s even better than a freezie in my humble opinion. This is a perfect and super fun way to enjoy watermelon especially for the kids. I have been cutting watermelon like this for years, it has that wow factor once you serve it and there’s always someone at the table that says — that’s so cool, how did you do that?
- ½ of a seedless watermelon
- herbs like mint for presentation are optional
- Tajín seasoning is optional
- Cut a whole watermelon in half horizontally or simply buy half of a watermelon at the grocery store. If you buy a whole one you can wrap up the other half and put it in the fridge or make both halves if you have a lot of people over.
- Take half of the watermelon and place it flat side down or flesh side down. Carefully cut the watermelon vertically into 1-2″ slices depending on how large you want the sticks. Rotate the cutting board and cut slices perpendicular to the other slices creating squares.
- You should be able to now pull them up individually and be left with popsicle sticks which you can serve right away on a platter or even freeze. I like serving them right away but to freeze them you would spread the watermelon sticks out onto a cookie sheet so that they’re not touching.
- Freeze on the cookie sheet for 3-4 hours, until fully frozen. Enjoy right away or wrap the watermelon popsicles individually in plastic wrap and return them to the freezer where they’ll keep for a few days. Enjoy on its own, with feta, or Tajín.