These Hot Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings are going to blow you away! These wings are sweet, sticky, and have just a hint of spice. Your palate will be singing with joy after you bite into these super tender wings.
They are incredibly easy to make, as we are using a few store-bought ingredients to make life easier. Although you can absolutely make your own homemade barbecue sauce, I am sharing this recipe for anyone that doesn’t have the time to do so. You can buy store-bought hot honey or use a tablespoon from my hot honey recipe which I will link here. Feel free to also double or triple this recipe, not just for feeding a crew, but also for yourself: you won’t be able to get enough of these wings. You can alternatively make these into mild honey garlic barbecue wings, and I’ve left all my tips for variations in the notes below.
Hot Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ cup rosé wine (optional) white wine is also fine
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce use your favourite sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot honey store-bought or my recipe
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, add the wings, oil, salt and pepper to taste, the lemon pepper, and the wine (if using). Give the wings a nice massage. For best results, let the wings marinate for at least 30 minutes on the counter or covered overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue. Oil the grill with neutral oil, such as avocado oil. Place the wings over medium heat and cook for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked (170F on a meat thermometer). Turn the wings over a few times while they cook.
- In a separate bowl mix your favourite barbecue sauce with the hot honey.
- Take the wings off the grill and toss them in the sauce. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with extra hot honey on the side.