These are my easy and tasty grilled potatoes! Perfectly golden on the outside and creamy on the inside, these potatoes are irresistible. After making these potatoes on the grill, my family doesn’t want potatoes any other way. As you know, potatoes can take FOREVER to cook on the grill. This method will save you so much time and the potatoes will be done at the same time as, or before, the rest of your food.
Slicing the potatoes thinly allows them to brown on each side and cook extremely fast. My potatoes usually take 15 to 20 minutes (sometimes less) depending on how thin they are cut.
When using a barbecue, please be safe. I am leaving a link with safety tips here Fire Safety tips for the BBQ season
This recipe makes for the perfect side dish and I often pair it with recipes like my Grilled Chicken Thighs
This idea came to me when I got fed up waiting for potatoes to cook. The rest of the food was always cooked first, so I decided to cut them thin and try them this way instead. It’s safe to say, I have never looked back! My potato grilling method will definitely change your life so I hope you give it a try.
- parchment paper and foil
- 2 yellow potatoes, washed and sliced thin (lengthwise)
- olive oil
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a piece of foil and add the potato slices on top making sure they lay flat and don’t overlap. You may choose to make multiple packets to more easily keep the potatoes in even layers.
- Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Massage each slice of potato on both sides. Fold the foil and parchment paper as if you were making a package.
- Preheat the barbecue and make sure you follow the instructions on how to safely turn it on. Place the foil packet(s) onto the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, making sure to flip them over halfway through cooking. I cooked the potatoes on medium-low heat, as the barbeque can get quite hot. Low heat is my preference but it will depend on the grill you have.
- You will know the potatoes are ready if a sharp knife slides easily through the center of a potato.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
What setting do you put your grill on? Low? Medium? Hi?
Thank you for asking as I will put that in the description. Medium-low as the bbq can get way too hot