If you have 5 minutes to add a few ingredients to a blender, you will have a delicious honey walnut oat cake for breakfast or dessert. This is what all my breakfast dreams are made of and a recipe I make for my family very often. This recipe is a great way to serve the kids ” cake ” a little more often and feel good about it. You can absolutely make this nut-free or plant-based so please read over mt notes below. If you make it vegan please let me know in the comments how it was and what you did differently.
Healthier Honey Walnut Oat Cake
- ½ cup rolled oats any
- 1 large egg or 3 tablespoons egg whites leave it out if you are vegan
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey maple syrup or agave if vegan
- ½ cup unsweetened milk I use almond and coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. In a blender add all of the ingredients minus the walnuts. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Chop up 4-5 walnuts.
- To a ramekin or a small baking dish add the chopped walnuts.
- Pour out the batter and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set, remove with an oven mitt, let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
I’m sorry but a small baking dish is not enough information. Could you please be more specific?
Absolutely. So sorry that I didn’t clarify ( I will fix the recipe description as it’s an old one ) I used a small ramekin which is about 6 oz. Ramekins work best for this recipe
I just made this and it is so good! Would love to see the nutrition for this wonderful cake.
Soooooo happy. I don’t count but please feel free to plug in the ingredients into an app such as my fitness pal 🙂
Such a simple and delicious recipe to throw together that I make it 2-3 times a week! Sometimes I add blueberries and/or raspberries for a little twist and it’s delightful! Thank for sharing!
Hi Stacey, thank you so much for trusting me with this recipe 🙂