on Nov 08, 2021, Updated Apr 24, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Valentine’s Day is a day where love is celebrated. I am a firm believer of all types of love, and I believe you don’t have to have someone in your life to feel special that day. Self-love is the most important type of love in my opinion and I feel like we need to celebrate loving ourselves more and doing special something to show ourselves appreciation. For me, this comes in the form of a fluffy Heart-Shaped Pancakes with a beautiful light pink interior. These pancakes are so easy and incredibly fun to make. This recipe is dedicated to my best friend Lea whom inspired me to make them without a store-bought mould. A lot of us either cannot afford a store-bought mold, or simply don’t want to spend the money on one just for one day. Today I’m showing you how to make your own DIY mold at home and have so much fun with these. You will need:
- Piece of foil, 13-14 inch length
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, or any
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 medium/large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk – or any milk
- 7 drops food colouring
- Take a piece of foil that is 13 inches long, and fold it over a few times until you have a nice long strip.Shape it into a heart and pinch the middle together by folding it over 2 times.
- Once that’s done you can proceed to making your pancakes. Mix all of your dry ingredients, mix your wet ingredients separately and add them together.
- Add in 7-8 drops of food colouring and stir. Spray your mold very well on each side end in the middle and be sure to spray your pan as well. Heat up your pan on medium-low and add in some of your batter.
- Add enough just to coat the bottom, and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes before you remove the mould with two hands gently. Flip your pancake over and if it’s not perfect you can absolutely cut out the imperfections. Enjoy.