on Feb 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Have you ever tried pink pasta? If you haven’t, this is your sign! Here, a creamy vegan alfredo sauce takes on a beautiful pink color from red beets. (You can hardly taste the beets—they simply add pretty color and a bit of added nutrition.) This is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s, or for any romantic meal. Serve on heart-shaped pasta for a beautiful presentation. My pink pasta happens to be vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and only uses 4 ingredients. If you make it and love it, please let me know below.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic , (raw or roasted garlic, if you have this on hand)
- 1 small cooked, peeled red beet, quartered , (purchase cooked beets from the store or roast or boil and peel)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 pound (400 grams) pasta of choice , (gluten-free optional)
- grated parmesan cheese for dusting
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the soaked cashews to a blender with a pinch of salt, the garlic, the beets, and the filtered water. Blend until smooth.
- Cook your pasta of choice as per the package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta, add to a serving bowl, and combine with the sauce. Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!