My vegetable egg rolls will be your new favourite recipe. So crispy on the outside, but only take 15 minutes to make. If you love the crispy egg rolls that you get at takeout places, you will absolutely love these as well. Perfectly crispy on the inside, made with a delicious veggie filling on the inside. You can make you own sauce to dip with, or even purchase a sweet and sour sauce at the store.
Vegetable Egg Rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil any oil works
- 1 small finely diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ pack of coleslaw mix 200-250 grams
- dash of soy sauce to taste tamari or coconut aminos work as well
- 2 teaspoons hot honey or regular honey
- pinch of salt if needed
- 10 egg roll wraps
- avocado oil spray
The Dipping Sauce:
- I mixed 1/4 cup maple syrup, with soy sauce, and a touch of sriracha to taste. You can use any sauce you enjoy such as plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
- To a pan on the stove, add the olive oil and sauté the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and hot honey. Give it a stir for about a minute but don't cook it for too long as we want a bite to the veggies. You can add a tiny pinch of salt if the veggies are lacking salt.
- Be sure to taste and adjust the soy sauce as it can be salty. You can also use coconut aminos or tamari. Take the veggies off the heat.
- Take out the egg-roll wrappers and place a wrapper on a plate. Add a heaping tablespoon of the filling to the middle. Fold the right and left side of the wrapper over the filling. Now take the opposite side of the wrapper, which is facing you, and roll it forward making sure to keep that filling tight. Roll it all the way to the end.
- Do this exact step with the remaining egg wrappers until the filling is all done. There are other ways of rolling egg rolls so feel free to use any you feel comfortable with.
- Spray each roll with avocado oil spray and place it in the air-fryer. Cook at 400F for 8 minutes flipping halfway through. Keep an eye on them as some air-fryer can take less/more time.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup maple syrup with soy sauce and sriracha to taste. Enjoy!