5 minute broccoli and feta aglio e olio or Sautéed Broccoli with Feta. This is one of the few ways you will get me to eat broccoli and I can never have enough. If you are familiar with “aglio e olio” which means garlic and oil in Italian, this is the exact method I use for my broccoli and feta side dish. I’d like to say I mixed Italy and Greece into one dish and you will not be disappointed. You will not be able to get enough of this side and I promise to turn you into a broccoli lover with this Broccoli with Feta Garlic and Olive Oil recipe. You will need:
Sautéed Broccoli with Feta
- 1 small head of broccoli into florets — about 2 cups
- salt for the water — or you can salt it after
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic into thin slices
- measure feta with your heart
- fresh dill is optional but so delicious
- Peel a little bit off the broccoli stem with a peeler and cut it into equal sized pieces. Cut or break the broccoli crown into florets.
- Boil water on the stove and salt it. Boil the broccoli for 2 minutes making sure it still has a bite to it and it’s not mushy. Slice up the garlic into thin slices and add it to a pan with olive oil. Turn on the heat to medium and let it come up to temperature and let the garlic infuse with the oil.
- Once the garlic sizzles (be careful not to burn it) you can add in the cooked broccoli and give it a mix. Add in the feta and let it melt if you want to for about 1-2 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and garnish with a little bit of fresh finely and finely chopped dill. Enjoy