These breakfast muffins come together so quickly and are a great make-head recipe for busy mornings. Eggs are a favourite at our house as they are versatile, nutritious, and packed with protein. Pizza also happens to be a favourite in our house so I thought I would incorporate the two, and it’s safe to say, they turned out magical. These muffins are perfect for kids lunches, or adults as well. They can be refrigerated up to 5 days, or frozen for a few months. These are so fun to make and I know you will absolutely love them.
Pizza Egg Muffins
- 3 large eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated cheese I used manchego but any will work
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour can leave out but they will be more rubbery and wet
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Italian ham slices called prosciutto cotto but you can use any ham
- teaspoon of pizza sauce into each one
- 3 pepperoni slices I cut mine into 4’s and put three pieces into each cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, crack the eggs, add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir in the grated cheese. Add the flour and baking powder, mix.
- Take a large muffin tin and add a piece of ham or Prosciutto cotto to the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Pour in the egg mixture and add your favourite pizza sauce into each one followed by the cut-up pepperoni pieces.
- Bake until set. The timing will depend on the oven so please keep an eye on them. Enjoy warm.