Penne Alla Vodka
on Dec 07, 2021, Updated Jan 25, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This here is comfort food and absolutely divine. It’s everything I want in a plate of pasta. It’s creamy, delicious and to be honest if I could have pasta for all 3 meals of the day, I totally would lol. Pasta is probably my favourite food in the world and I can never get enough. If you are dairy-free I will give you alternatives in the notes. This Penne Alla Vodka recipe makes 2 big portions. You will need:
Penne Alla Vodka
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 very small onion or shallot
- chilli flakes are optional
- 4 finely diced garlic cloves
- pancetta is optional — I left it out for anyone that doesn’t eat bacon
- ⅓ cup any vodka
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce or as much as you like
- salt to taste
- splash of heavy cream — I used about 1/3 cup you can use more
- freshly grated parm is up to you. I added 1/2 cup
- 350 grams penne cooked in boiling salted water
- splash of pasta water
- In a skillet on medium heat add the olive oil and heat it up. Add the onions or shallot and sauté until translucent. Add the chilli flakes and garlic and give it a stir.
- Pour in the vodka and make sure you cook it off completely. Once it has cooked off you can add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and salt to taste.
- Cover with a lid and let it reduce for 5 to 10 minutes on low heat. Add as much heavy cream as you like and Parm and give it a stir.
- Keep the heat on low and let it simmer and thicken until you cook your pasta.
- Cook the pasta of choice in boiling salted water until al dente and once it’s done you can add it into your pan with a little bit of the starchy cooking water. Give it a stir, and enjoy.