Tired of boring round pancakes? Try this instead! This Pancake Spaghetti trend has been going viral on TikTok and it’s the coolest trend I have seen in a while. This recipe is inspired by @brianaarchuleta when she posted her husband pouring long strands of pancake batter with a squeeze bottle on his outdoor griddle. In this recipe you can use your favourite pancake batter and instead of cooking them the traditional way, use this fun twist by cooking them into “spaghetti.” I made my favourite pancake batter for this recipe, but feel free to use any you like. These pancake spaghetti are similar to funnel cake minus the frying. They may take a bit of practice, but kids and adults will go nuts for them once done.
- Ziplock bag, squeeze bottle, or piping bag
- non-stick skillet or griddle
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk 150ml
- 2 tablespoons butter plus a touch more for the pan
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix. Set aside.
- Warm the butter and milk on the stove. The milk and butter should be lukewarm. You should be able to put your finger in the milk and butter, and hold it there for at least two seconds without burning your finger.
- Add the egg and vanilla in a separate bowl. Once the milk and butter is melted and warm, add it in and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until you have a thick pourable batter.
- Pour this batter into a squeeze bottle or Ziplock bag. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-heat and spray it or add a touch of butter.
- Once the pan is hot, cut a tiny piece off of one corner of the Ziplock bag. Start piping the batter onto the skillet swirling it around like you see on my video. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes and gently flip with a spatula for a few seconds on the other side as best as possible.
- The first pancake spaghetti batch never turns out as good or as browned as the rest so don’t give up and keep going.
- You will have to make these spaghetti swirls in batches until the batter is finished. Make sure you cook one side until the strands are deep golden on one side before you flip.
- Serve with powdered sugar, berries, or maple syrup and enjoy.