This is what home cooking looks like for me and what I make in my house at least 1 to 2 times a week. A dish like this takes one hour maximum and can be totally marinated the night before. This Crispy Chicken Thighs with a White Wine, Garlic & Lemon Sauce can be paired with salad, cauliflower mash, mashed potatoes, rice, or you can even throw in potatoes with the chicken itself to have the most delicious lemon potato chicken dish. This recipe serves 2 to 3 portions so feel free to adjust. You will need:
Crispy Chicken Thighs with a White Wine, Garlic & Lemon Sauce
- 7-8 chicken thighs — skin on, bone in, but any work
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or to taste
- 7 unpeeled garlic cloves — so that they don’t burn
- 1.5 tablespoons honey dijon mustard or regular mustard
- juice of 1 lemon + leave the lemon pieces inside
- ½ cup any white wine — I used Pinot Grigio or unsalted veggie or chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- Add the chicken to any baking dish and add all of the ingredients minus the water and wine.
- Give it a nice massage with clean hands and you can bake it right away or you can even let it marinate overnight if you want this made the following day.
- Feel free to add some potatoes to the dish if you want. When you are ready to bake you can add the wine and water and cover it with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes, uncover it and you can put the oven to broil so that you can get the skin nice and crispy but keep a very close eye on it as it can easily burn.
- You can use the garlic and spread it on bread and pour the sauce on top. Enjoy
One of my absolute favourite recipes on your page. The sauce…I mean, good enough to chug 😉 I made it with mashed potatoes and poured the sauce over the potatoes. SO GOOD!
aw Mel! love the chuggable sauce reference. So happy you love this recipe.