These 4 ingredient roasted maple sweet potatoes will be your new favourite side dish. This is what I call natures “candy” because they taste sweet, caramelized, and are roasted to perfection. It’s safe to say, this will be your new go-to recipe. These sweet potatoes are perfect as a side dish for the fall, and for your thanksgiving table. This recipe is not only easy, it happens to be only four ingredients which you probably have on hand.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 peeled and cubed sweet potatoes make sure the cubes are more or less the same size
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- sprig of thyme or rosemary is optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F. Wash, peel, and cube the sweet potatoes. I used two medium sweet potatoes but you can use as much as you like. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season with salt, add the olive oil, maple syrup, and optionally thyme or rosemary. Both of these herbs will work beautifully in this recipe.
- Massage everything with your hands and bake for 35-45 minutes depending on the oven. The timing will depend on the type of oven you have, mine is much weaker and older and it does take a bit longer. Be sure to check…