on Nov 22, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
By now, you’ve probably heard of whipped cream cheese, whipped butter, and maybe even whipped feta. But have you ever heard of whipped Brie? There is something about whipped dairy that completely transforms the texture, making it extra fluffy, light and airy.
Brie is already incredibly creamy and delicious, but imagine taking it to the next level by whipping it 🤤. Pure indulgence!
Why You’ll Love Whipped Brie
This recipe will literally take 10 minutes to whip up (pun intended 😉), and I guarantee it will be a sure way to impress your guests without breaking a sweat.
The whipped texture elevates the already decadent and velvety Brie, and the options for toppings are endless. Whether you are hosting a party or just want to indulge in a tasty treat, this whipped Brie recipe will undoubtedly be on repeat!
How to Prepare Whipped Brie
🧊 Remove the brie from the fridge and cut out the rind.
🧀 Let the cheese come to room temperature.
⭐ Optional: Snack on the rind while you’re waiting!
🥖 Once at room temperature, use a food processor to process the brie until pale and smooth (5-10 minutes).
🍯 Top with honey, hot honey, or a honeycomb.
🌿 Garnish with rosemary and enjoy!
You need to make sure the Brie cheese is not cold and at room temperature for best results.
Whipped Brie Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of honey, try maple syrup or a fruit jam.
- For a 🌶️ spicy kick, you could drizzle the whipped brie with chili-infused honey or use a homemade chutney. Try my Easy Hot Honey recipe.
- Substitute rosemary with thyme, basil, or mint.
- Try adding your favorite nuts 🌰 or seeds in addition to the honey.
|Product Name / Primary Rating / Price
You can certainly get creative with whipped brie toppings! Feel free to try lemon zest, balsamic reduction, fig glaze, nuts, fresh mint, or something else. The options are endless!
Bringing the brie to room temperature makes it creamier, improves the flavor, and makes it easier to process for a smoother texture in this recipe.
You can use the rind for a number of things. You could infuse an oil to cook with, snack on it while you’re waiting for the brie to come to room temp, or toss it into a soup you’re making.
I purchased mine at a local farm called Little Bee Farmers Market, but you can look online as well.
Instead of honeycomb for your whipped brie, you could try liquid honey, infused honey, hot honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, fruit compote, balsamic glaze, fig jam, or candied nuts.
- 600 grams brie cheese, I used two wheels
- honey , to taste
- crostini, or fresh bread
- rosemary , for garnish
- Take the brie out of the fridge. Cut out the rind as best as possible and let the cheese come to room temperature.
- Note: you can snack on the rind as I often do.
- When the brie is at room temperature, add it to a food processor and process until pale and smooth. This step should take around 5-10 minutes.
- Top with honey, hot honey, or a honey comb. Garnish with rosemary and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.