I am DROOLING and this is way too good. If you haven’t made pesto eggs yet I don’t know what you are waiting for. They have been circling the Internet for about a month and I honestly think my version of them is absolutely outstanding. Every bite you take is heavenly. This is seriously what breakfast dreams are made of. I love using sprouted or Ezekiel bread but you can use any. Checkout my recipe for my walnut pesto on my previous REEL to see how I make the pesto. You will need:
Walnut Basil Pesto Eggs with Ricotta Toast
- 2 heaping tablespoons homemade basil pesto or any
- 2 large eggs
- salt and dry oregano to taste
- any bread I use sprouted or Ezekiel
- ricotta is optional
- Add your pesto to a cold pan on medium heat. Biggest tip here is medium-low heat because our pesto is olive oil based and olive oil BURNS on high heat which is why your pesto is burning when you DM me for tips.
- Let your pesto heat up a touch and gently crack two eggs. Salt and dry oregano on top and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the egg-white starts to form.
- Lid on and cook covered for the remainder of the time so that the yolk cooks as well (you can reduce the heat to low if you need to) mine took 2 more minutes.
- How cooked or runny you want the yolk will be up to you so you can keep opening the lid to check on it. Toast your favorite bread, add some fresh ricotta on top and your egg.
- Garnish with any fresh and finely chopped herbs of choice which is optional and enjoy