This is one of Jessica Alba’s favourite salads and now I see why. She posted the salad on her page a while ago and at first I thought it looked odd. I didn’t think this carrot salad would work but it absolutely does and it’s so incredibly delicious. What I would do differently is add some julienned cucumber, add 1/2 avocado instead of a whole one add some protein in it like chickpeas or even grilled chicken breast. Feel free to get Inspired and creative. For this recipe you will need:
Jessica Alba’s Salad
- 2 julienned or grated carrots or enough to fit a small salad bowl
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes — sliced in half
- 1 diced avocado
- pinch of salt and pepper
- lemon juice — to taste
- small drizzle of olive oil
- parsley for garnish is optional
- Grate or Julienne the carrots and add them to a bowl. My Julienne peeler will be in my amazon store if interested. Add them to a bowl.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes, and peel one large avocado making sure to take out the pit. I like to carefully cut a little bit off the top with my knife just so that my cubes are even but you don’t have to do that.
- Slice and dice the avocado and add it to the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I take my whole lemon and I like to poke a hole into it straight through the middle through the round pit at the bottom with a metal straw piercing through as a hack. I do this to keep my lemon from drying out if Im not using it all and to avoid the seeds going in.
- Feel free to cut and squeeze it as well. Add a drizzle of olive oil, parsley for garnish and enjoy.