Jennifer Aniston Salad
on Jan 17, 2022, Updated Feb 08, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to make a recipe that becomes a viral sensation worldwide? Well, your very own Modern Nonna did just that with the Jennifer Aniston Salad! During the ten years that Jennifer Aniston was on the set of “Friends,” it’s rumored that she ate this salad every day. That rumor has now been debunked, and actually a cobb salad instead of this one!
When I first heard about this through various magazine articles online, I knew they had to make it my own! The result? A Modern Nonna Version of the “Perfect Salad” that became a viral trend online and in the food world. This salad was so huge that reporters were calling me to ask about the salad, and it was featured in articles and newspapers 📰 worldwide.
Why You’ll Love the Jennifer Aniston Salad
What’s not to love about this fantastic salad?! The freshness of the mint and 🌿 parsley in this salad is perfection. Not to mention, bulgur is packed with fiber and protein. I personally like to add a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of lemon 🍋 juice to my salad, which gives it a tangy and zesty taste. You can also add chickpeas or meat as a protein source if you prefer. Overall, this salad is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a delicious and healthy meal.
How to Prepare the Jennifer Aniston Salad
💦 Cook bulgur in water on the stove, by following rice cooking instructions or package directions.
🌿 Finely dice herbs and vegetables and add them to a bowl with the cooked and cooled bulgur. Mix well. Optional: Add chickpeas if desired.
🍋 Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Adjust seasoning as needed and then you can enjoy Jennifer Anniston’s “Perfect Salad”!
Nonna’s Tip 🥗
I personally felt like the salad could use a touch of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and salt but feel free to leave it out as the original recipe does not have a dressing. Feel free to use quinoa or any other option such as couscous if you don’t like bulgur.
Jennifer Aniston Salad Variations and Substitutions
Salads always lend themselves to creativity, and this 🥗 salad is no different. Don’t forget to let me know in the comments how you make this healthy salad your own!
- Instead of bulgur, you can use quinoa, couscous, brown rice, or farro.
- Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand or prefer. Some options include cucumbers, 🍅 tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, radishes, or carrots. You can also try roasted vegetables if you have them.
- Experiment with different 🌿 herbs such as parsley, cilantro, mint, dill, or basil in this version of Jennifer Aniston’s “Perfect Salad”.
- Besides chickpeas, you can add other protein sources such as grilled chicken, tofu, shrimp, or feta 🧀 cheese.
- Add a bed of greens 🥬 like spinach, arugula, or kale as a base for the salad.
Best Served With
- Some crunchy bread like my No Knead Peasant Bread
- Grilled meat like steak 🥩 or chicken to add some protein
- Chickpeas or tofu for a plant-based protein source in Jennifer Anniston’s “Perfect Salad”
Instead of bulgur, you can use quinoa, couscous, brown rice, or farro.
If you want to keep this salad vegetarian or vegan, you could add chickpeas or tofu. Or if you eat meat, feel free to add chicken, ground beef, or grilled shrimp.
Recommended herbs for Jennifer Aniston’s “Perfect Salad” include parsley and mint. You could also try cilantro, dill, basil, or a combination of any herbs you like, to change up the flavor.
Yes, this salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. Just make sure to add the dressing right before serving to maintain freshness and texture.
Jennifer Aniston’s Perfect Salad
- 1 cup Bulgur , cook on the stove as per the directions on the package
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup parsley, finely diced
- ⅓ cup mint, finely diced
- ⅓ cup pistachios , to taste
- 2 mini cucumbers , finely diced
- chickpeas, optional
- 1 handful feta
- In a pot on the stove add one cup of bulgur and 2 cups water. Cook the bulgur just like you would cook rice or you can follow the package instructions.
- Finely dice all of your herbs and vegetables and take your time because this should be therapeutic and enjoyable. Add everything to a bowl with the cooked and cooled down bulgur and mix.
- Feel free to add some chickpeas as that was in the original recipe but I felt like leaving them out. I added a touch of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt but feel free to adjust. Enjoy
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.