Protein pancakes. I have been trying to perfect these for you for the last week and I am finally happy. This recipe is everything you need in a pancake and more. You will not taste the cottage cheese it will just add extra protein so trust me on this. I made a beautiful two Ingredient blueberry jam on top with no added sugar as I wanted to bring out the sweetness of the fruit itself. Feel free to add a little bit of maple syrup which is totally up to you. This recipe makes 2 to 3 medium sized protein pancakes or feel free to double or triple it. You will need:
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- dash of cinnamon is optional
- ⅓ cup rolled oats — any work
- touch of avocado oil for the pan
- 1 small container blueberries
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor or a blender add the egg, cottage cheese, pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste, cinnamon, and rolled oats. Process until it looks like a pancake batter.
- On medium-high heat on the stove add a little bit of avocado oil or butter and cook your pancakes for a few minutes on each side.
- Set them aside and get another pot, wash the blueberries and add them to the pot and turn the heat on medium-high. Add a splash of lemon juice and let them cook.
- Within 2 to 3 minutes you will notice the blueberries are starting to get soft and break down. I like to mash them really well and take it off the heat once it looks like jam.
- Feel free to add a touch of honey or maple syrup but I feel like they are perfectly sweet as they are. Top it off on top of your pancakes and enjoy.