Mom’s Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
on Aug 30, 2022, Updated Feb 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My mom’s zucchini ricotta fritters are wildly delicious! Cakes, fritters, patties…no matter what you call them, these are pillowy soft and so very easy to prepare. You simply combine the ingredients, form them into patties, and air fry. This dish is on rotation in my household and requires no fuss or mess at all when using the air fryer. These pair perfectly with a refreshing yogurt sauce or a nice green salad on the side. See the recipe notes below for making these in a standard oven or on the stovetop.
Table of Contents
Mom’s Ricotta Fritters
- 1 medium zucchini, (100 grams)
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese, (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup grated parmigiano reggiano , (50 grams)
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs, (50 grams)
- few basil leaves, sliced, ripped or chopped
- Grate the zucchini; you should have about 1 cup. Place the zucchini into a nut milk bag or use your clean hands and squeeze out as much water as you can. You can save the zucchini water for smoothies if you wish.
- In a bowl, add the ricotta, egg, salt, grated zucchini, parm, breadcrumbs, and basil. Mix well until fully combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop out a portion of the mixture into your hands. Roll the mixture into a ball and then flatten into a disc. Repeat this step for the rest of the mixture; you should have 6 discs in total.
- Spray the discs with cooking spray and cook in a 400F air fryer for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned all over. Be sure to preheat the air fryer first, if you have that setting, and make sure you check on the fritters around the 6 minute mark. Serve and enjoy.