My three-ingredient healthy chocolate mousse has 40 grams of protein and tastes like a decadent dessert! The secret ingredient: cottage cheese. Here, the high-protein dairy is whipped in a food processor until a luscious, silky texture is achieved. Combined with banana and chocolate protein powder, you won’t even recognize the taste or texture of the cottage cheese. This also works with full-fat ricotta cheese or full-fat thick yogurt, which will lend a bit of tang.
This mousse is the perfect snack, dessert, or even post-workout treat. This recipe makes two portions, which will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days—talk about a convenient treat to have on hand!
I used my favorite protein powder by Flavcity, which I have linked here Shop FlavCity, if you use the code MODERNNONNA you can aways save 15% OFF! Code does not apply to limited edition flavors.
Healthy Chocolate Mousse
- food processor or blender
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ to ½ ripe banana
- 1 scoop PB chocolate protein powder (or any flavor)
- chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Add the cottage cheese, banana, and protein powder to a food processor and process until a creamy mousse-like texture forms. (The riper the banana, the sweeter the mousse will be.)
- Divide the mousse into two serving bowls, sprinkle with chocolate shavings (if using), and enjoy!