Easy few ingredient pizza pockets ( or mini pizza’s ) that will take 30 minutes from start to finish. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you may never look back at frozen pizza pockets ever again. These are so much more delicious and the dough is everything. This recipe makes 11-12 pizza pockets or mini pizza’s depending on how thin/thick you roll them. If you have ever had a Calzone, this is exactly what these are and perfect for lunch, dinner, or even an after school snack for the kids to enjoy.
Easy Few Ingredient Pizza Pockets
- 1 store-bough pizza dough 700g — get it at a bakery or a grocery store
- dusting of flour to avoid sticking
- touch of avocado oil/ or avocado oil spray
- pizza sauce — tablespoon in each pocket
- grated mozzarella cheese — 1-2 tablespoons in each pocket
- water to seal the edges
- Add a touch of oil to the counter so that the pizza dough doesn’t stick. You can also use flour that’s totally up to you. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape about 1/8 inch thickness. You can also divide the dough into 12 equal dough balls and just roll each one out that way instead. I’ll leave that up to you.
- I dusted my dough with some flour on top and rolled it out into a rectangular shape. I used a large cookie cutter to cut out equal circles.
- Collect any remainder scraps and roll it out again repeating the same step until you don’t have any more dough left. Take each pizza circle, lightly flour it and either stretch it out a bit or roll it out.
- Add the pizza sauce to the middle and the cheese on top. Brush the edges lightly with water. Fold it over to one side and pinch it together with a fork. Repeat this step for all the pizza pockets.
- Cut 2-3 slits with a knife on top of each pocket so that the steam can escape.
- Spray the air-fryer basket with avocado oil spray, add the pizza pockets inside and spray them on top.
- Air-fry at 360F for 10 minutes. My air-fryer has preheating instructions so I preheated it for five minutes prior but you may not need to with yours. Once they are golden, let them cool a bit and enjoy.