The Best Grilled Salmon Skewers
on Oct 19, 2021, Updated May 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easiest Salmon Skewers. These are the best grilled salmon skewers you will ever taste. Dill and salmon are the perfect pairing: the herby and anise flavor complements salmon’s mild richness. Dill is probably one of the most underrated herbs to cook with and one of my favourite herbs to use. We are huge lovers of dill in Bulgaria and use it in many of our dishes. It is such a beautiful and refreshing herb and it goes perfectly with salmon and lemon marinades, like this one. Feel free to use rainbow trout or any firm fish you like for this recipe. Everything is to “taste” in this recipe and personal preference so please measure with your heart.
Salmon skewers make a perfect summer meal: they’re light, healthy, and they cook up in mere minutes on the grill. Enjoy this with a simple green salad and some of my bbq potatoes.
The best-grilled salmon skewers
- 1 pound salmon, skin and pinbones removed, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill (or 1/2 tablespoon dried dill)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- avocado oil (or any oil) for the pan or grill
- Add the salmon cubes and oil to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill, and lemon juice. Massage gently with clean hands and add each piece onto your wet wooden skewer.
- Add a touch of avocado oil or any oil to the grill pan and let it heat up. Place the skewers onto the hot pan and make sure they sizzle.
- Turn the skewers over when you see golden grill marks; the cooking time will take anywhere from 5 to 9 minutes depending on how large the salmon pieces are.
- When the fish is nice and light pink in colour and flakes off easily with a fork, you know it’s ready. Don’t overcook them as they will continue cooking due to the residual heat. Enjoy!