My peanut butter cottage cheese bark is the ultimate high-protein snack. This recipe is inspired by my friend Mayra over at @low.carb.love and I love that it tastes like a sweet treat but is made with wholesome ingredients that will fuel you with energy. Cottage cheese is having a moment in the spotlight in 2023 and I am here for it. Who doesn’t love an affordable, high-protein, easy-to-cook-with grocery staple; the recipe possibilities with cottage cheese are endless.
For more cottage cheese recipes, you can try my high protein pancakes linked here Healthy Pancakes, try adding cottage cheese to egg dishes, blend it into pasta sauces, turn it into Healthy Ice-Cream, and so much more! There are so many ways to enjoy cottage cheese in a way where its original flavor and/or texture is masked and transformed into something so delicious.
This PB Cottage cheese bark is refreshing, high protein, and the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. The toppings are all customizable and can be made with any flavors you like.
I used my favorite protein powder by Flavcity which I will link here Shop FlavCity, if you use the code MODERNNONNA you can aways save 15% OFF!
PB Cottage Cheese Bark
- 250 grams (about 1 cup) cottage cheese (I used organic)
- ½ banana, peeled and sliced
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter (I used organic)
- sprinkle of granola (I used homemade)
- Place the cottage cheese, banana slices, and protein powder into a food processor and process for 30 to 60 seconds or until super creamy.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the cottage cheese mixture out onto the baking sheet and, using a rubber spatula or a spoon, smooth it out into an even rectangle.
- Using the back of a spoon, swirl the peanut butter into the mixture. Sprinkle with granola and freeze for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours.
- Once the bark is set, cut it with a knife or break it apart with your hands and enjoy!