One Pan Chicken Dinner
on Nov 18, 2021, Updated Jan 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The easiest one pan chicken dinner. This meal is comfort food for me and all the flavors I grew up with. There’s nothing better than a 30 minute chicken skillet dinner that will feed and satisfy the whole family. This recipe is my go-to weekday recipe if I am in a pinch. It is so quick, delicious, and budget friendly as well. Please read all of my notes below for any substitutions, and I hope you enjoy.
Table of Contents
The Best Weekday Meal
- 8 small thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil, or any oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 whole finely diced onion
- 4 finely diced garlic cloves
- splash of white wine , or broth
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice , or long grain
- 2.5 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- splash of cooking cream , 1/4 cup approximately
- parsley for garnish
- In a skillet with high sides, add the oil, let it heat up on the stove. Add the chicken thighs skin side down, season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Sear the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, once one side is golden, flip it over and season the other side too. Make sure the heat is on medium so that it doesn't burn in the pan.
- Once the chicken has color on both sides, remove it from the pan, and discard most of the oil that rendered from the skin. Add the onions and sauté them for about a minute. Add the garlic, and stir.
- Add a splash of white wine and let it cook off fully. Add the rice and stir. Place the chicken back on top and pour in the veggie broth.
- Add a splash of cooking cream or coconut milk from a can, give it a mix and let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook it covered for 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.